[Equest-users] Second try - how many DX curves to customize?

Haddad, Kamel Kamel.Haddad at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Fri May 27 07:33:33 PDT 2011

Rohini, I would suggest that total coil capacity and sensible capacity
and the COP as function of part load are the most important of all. Once
these are known the exit conditions from the coil for given inlet
conditions can be determined. Usually you need either the sensible
capacity (with the total capacity) or the bypass factor to determine the
exit conditions. So I am not sure at this point why eQuest needs
information for both.

Kamel Haddad.
________________________________

From: equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org
[mailto:equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of R B
Sent: May 26, 2011 14:12
To: eQUEST Users List
Subject: [Equest-users] Second try - how many DX curves to customize?

Did not get any replies for this - maybe Thursday is my lucky day and
someone has the answer:

There are two performance curves and five curves under capacity curves
tab for DX cooling. I was planning on generating just custom performance
curves, but was wondering if it is necessary to generate custom capacity
curves also? If yes, which of the capacity curves are critical to be
customized (total cap vs temps, sen cap vs temps, bypass factor vs
temps, bypass factor vs flow, and bypass factor vs part load). My
thinking is total cap and sensible cap curves might be useful to
customize. Is it easy to get data for the bypass factor curves?

Appreciate it if anyone who has done custom curves for DX cooling can
chime in.

Thanks
-Rohini