[Equest-users] LEED compliance analysis in Europe - site data longitude and latitude in eQUEST (3.64)

Anne Caminade Caminade at lemonconsult.ch
Tue Nov 29 04:59:06 PST 2011

Hi all,

We have a LEED project in the center of Berlin for which I need to perform a LEED Compliance analysis (LEED V3.0). We have chosen to use eQUEST 3.64 as it can generate automatically the reference building (baseline). I have read the eQUEST introductory tutorial as well as the LEED tutorial.

I have built my building model (7 storey-building + 2 basement floors, compact shape and quite simple layout) using the SD wizard than the DD wizard and finally twicking my HVAC inputs in the detailed mode. I have managed to run a simulation after correcting my BDL errors, however I cannot run a LEED Compliance analysis (generate baseline building), since it fails in the pre-check stages.

 The reason is I have not entered a longitude and latitude for Berlin! I have desperately tried to enter one but the input cell won't let me (the cells are colored in white but when I type a figure there, the software doesn't hold the value down...same for the altitude of the site). I have managed to enter the time zone though (-1).

Latitude for Berlin is 52.47 N, and latitude is 13.4 E therefore the input should be +52.47 and -13.4?

I have generated a Berlin weather file using an Energy plus weather file and converting it. <<ScreenShot019.jpg>>  <<DEU_Berlin_IWEC.BIN>>

I attach a screenshot of the error message as well as my weather file. Maybe I am making a basic mistake and someone could point me rapidly in the right direction?

I would appreciate any help!

Kind regards,
Anne

Anne Caminade