[Equest-users] New computer?

Carol Gardner gems at spiritone.com
Wed Nov 16 10:27:47 PST 2011

Guess what? you can have everything you want.

I got a MacBook Pro in 2008. That was during Windows Vista days and I
just didn't want to get involved with it. What I was originally looking
for was a PC that could run a dual environment: one Vista, one XP. I
spent hours, at Best Buy, while they tried to find the PC that could do
it. They were still looking when a sales associate came up and whispered
"go to a Mac store. They've been doing this for years.

It's true that they can do this. You will need two things: your boxed
version of the Windows operating system, so they know that you bought it
and a thick spin when the Mac guy says: sure I can install a dual
environment, they call it Boot Camp btw, with a slight sneer. At this
point you have already bought the Mac but I would recommend not even
leaving the store with it. Come prepared with your discs.

It will cost you more, by which I mean the Mac and the PC, there might
be a small charge for installing Boot Camp, I don't remember. I had my
partition set at 75% Windows/25% Mac. That has worked well so far. I am
entering my 3rd year of this arrangement and the only failure I have had
has been on the PC side, when my Sound Card mysteriously disappeared.

Good luck!
Carol