[Equest-users] Co2 Monitoring

Robert E. O'Connell REOconnell at meengineering.com
Wed Oct 26 11:05:44 PDT 2011

Gentlemen I have a question regarding 90.1 when modeling a space.

The design we are using for a project is to provide minimum ventilation (as called for in ASHRAE 62.1-2007) to all the spaces based on max occupancy.  The spaces are offices and conference rooms, one or two class rooms.  The heating and cooling load is provide in each space by FCU.  The make-up air is preconditioned to 55 Degree F.  The relief air passes through a heat recover unit to collect the heat from the relief air.

If was are not varying the make-up air quantity do we need to have CO2 monitoring in each space.

Do you believe we would get any push back from USGBC on this.

Has anyone dealt with this issue before.

Robert O'Connell P.E.
Email: reoconnell at meengineering.com<mailto:reoconnell at meengineering.com>

This Email has been scanned for all viruses by PAETEC's Hosted E-mail Security Services, utilizing MessageLabs proprietary SkyScan infrastructure. For more information on a proactive anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit http://www.paetec.com.