[Equest-users] Ground Water/chilled water loop error(s)

Dave Bastow dbastow at mcclure-engineering.com
Tue Oct 18 14:39:03 PDT 2011

Travis,

If nothing else you can model it as a regular chiller with an open cooling
tower and just use KW/efficiency factors & curves for the various components
so that it equals what you would get from energy used by your well pumps or
what have you.  Also, using temperatures that relate to your well water
temperatures for the chilled water temperatures.  I did this once, modeling
an existing large office building that was cooled by well water, that varied
from 50 degrees F. in winter to 60 degrees F. in the late summer.  Once I
got all the inputs and curves and all set up correctly then it modeled very
closely to what the actual energy use had been from all of our historical
recorded data.

David A. Bastow

McClure Engineering, Inc.

507 Main Avenue West