[Equest-users] Design Development

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Wed Oct 19 06:58:15 PDT 2011

Omar,

Everyone has their own personal workflow, but considering how much is to
remain the same between the two models, I think you will find it more
efficient to first build your proposed model, utilizing the wizards
along the way, then save a copy to be modified and become your baseline.
You can make a personal judgement at that point regarding whether you
would feel more comfortable returning to the wizards or modifying
entirely within detailed edit mode.

Also as a heads up, the LEED templates will do all the % improvement
math/legwork.  If you would like a spreadsheet to assess progress during
model development, just know it doesn't necessarily need to be in "final
presentation" format.  You will likely create a spreadsheet to submit to
LEED to document your fan/efficiency calculations and inputs along the
way, however.

Strongly advising you first log on to LEED online and download your
project's EAp2 documentation spreadsheet/template.  If your project is
v2.2 or earlier you will still find the v3 spreadsheet for EAp2 very
handy.  That spreadsheet in serves as a great checklist for new and
veteran modelers alike to make sure you're considering many of the
things you should be defining distinctly or ensuring are the same for
90.1/LEED.  Fill it out as you go if it's one of your first models.

~Nick

NICK CATON, P.E.

SENIOR ENGINEER

Smith & Boucher Engineers