[Equest-users] LEED Baseline secondary HVAC system

Ritwik Kakati rkakati at dagherengineering.com
Thu Aug 16 14:09:24 PDT 2012

I am modeling a residential building under LEED 2009. With reference to
ASHRAE 90.1-2007, Exception 'a' in section G3.1.1 which states that we
should use additional system types for nonpredominant conditions if they
apply to more than 20,000 SF of conditioned space - I am confused which
system type I should use for my corridors and other non-residential
conditioned spaces, which are about  21,000 SF total, spread across 20
floors. Do I use System 7, because my non-residential spaces are located
on more than 5 floors, or use System 3 or 5 because the area is less
than 25,000 SF?

Thanks,

Ritwik Kakati, LEED Green Associate

Design Engineer

DAGHER ENGINEERING, PLLC

29 Broadway, New York, NY 10006

T. 212.480.2591 x140

F. 212.480.2654

rkakati at dagherengineering.com

www.dagherengineering.com

Save Trees, Consider the Environment. Please print only when necessary.

This email and any attachments may contain confidential or proprietary
information and use or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify us and delete.  Dagher
Engineering, PLLC has no responsibility for errors or discrepancies that
may occur in the electronic transmission of data.