[Equest-users] Unmet hours

Adam Rustige ARustige at fdh-inc.com
Thu Aug 16 09:53:41 PDT 2012

Hello,
        Fairly new modeler here.  I am having an issue with unmet heating hours (About 519 of them), but my question deals with a series of variables I am using from "Hourly Results" (attached).  This unit is an AHU with a hot water coil, no outdoor air and the throttling range is 6 deg.  From the attachment, I highlighted all the hours where the temperature was 3 deg less than the set point.  The schedule is the one found on January 4th, not the first 3 days.  I don't understand why eQuest is not using the same schedule for the entire year.   Is there other  data I should be looking at to figure out my problem?  Or is it simply that this unit cannot recovery fast enough?  I did quickly try raising the set point 0.5 degrees each hour, but still had 464 unmet hours.

And why does eQuest use -999 in unoccupied periods where the set point is satisfied?

Thanks, Adam

Adam Rustige
Energy Analyst

FDH, Inc.
222 S. Central Ave, Suite 1110
St. Louis, MO 63105
Office: 314.773.4000 * Mobile: 314.699.8948
Fax: 314.773.4002 * Email: arustige at fdh-inc.com<mailto:arustige at fdh-inc.com>

www.fdh-inc.com<http://www.fdh-inc.com> <http://www.fdh-inc.com>
Raleigh * St. Louis * Baton Rouge