[Equest-users] eQuest training

CleanTech Analytics jeremiah at cleantechanalytics.com
Thu Aug 2 22:25:01 PDT 2012

Yes most definitely- Before the class I had self taught eQuest, and taken
some LEED classes that where not directed at modeling.

My experience with energy-models.com is as follows-

   1. The LEED class was very useful, it really pin pointed what the very
   long ASHRAE 90.1 standard and users guide says about requirements for
   modeling. I highly advise this $30 class.
   2. The LEED fan power class (this one is more of a recorded webnar)-
   this unwinds the complexity involved with fan power classes- I highly
   advise this free class.
   3. eQuest- I was unsure if I needed this class, as a self taught eQuest
   and other software modeler- but there is just not many classes on modeling
   out there and I went ahead and took the class. My experience was great- as
   my self taught learning had left gaps in the way I understood how to use
   eQuest and how to create models in general. The class had very intuitive
   questions and answers at the end of each session.

Summery: Bob the teacher does a very good job of keeping it interesting- he
is a refrigerant engineer by training and worked for TRANE teaching TRACE
700 for some time- he is the kind of guy that will help you with questions
and knows the answers.

The LEED classes are basically the best resources I have found for LEED
modeling guidance, and come at very fair prices.

I would recommend the eQuest class for anyone who is either just getting
into modeling or would like to learn more about eQuest. Further I advise
anyone who is new to energy modeling to start with eQuest because of its
clickable documentation- pairing that with the energy-models.com class the
learning curve to get started as an energy modeler is  not too steep... On
a side note I do not do many models with eQuest lately- and have been
modeling with Design Builder/Energy Plus- but honestly I am very glad I
started with eQuest as I think I would have had a tough time getting
started otherwise.

Best regards and happy modeling-

*Jeremiah D. Crossett*
*CleanTech Analytics*
*503-688-8951*
*www.cleantechanalytics.com* <http://www.cleantechanalytics.com>

*

This document may contain valuable information proprietary to CleanTech
Analytics which is private and confidential. It may not be shared, copied,
stored or transmitted in any form without the prior written consent of
CleanTech Analytics
*