[Equest-users] Huge envelope changes having small affect on energy savings

Ron Pecarina rp.esdc at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 08:43:49 PDT 2012

Looking at the LS-A and LS-D reports, you seem to have a reasonable change
in envelope loads for the glass changes.  That leaves the systems as the
probable culprit.  You are using a PMZS for each zone with heat control
constant at 115F and cool control reset from 65 to 56F.  With this control,
your envelope loads are only 3% of the total systems loads from SS-D.  A
lot of energy is wasted blending the hot deck and cold deck to maintain the
zone temp.