[Equest-users] Which system is best to use?

R B slv3sat at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 11:31:27 PST 2012

I have a system with VFD on the fan, central heating and cooling coils (no
reheat), and chilled water for cooling. Curious to see how others would
model this, or if I am missing something very obvious.

If I use VAV, even though there is central coil, it does not come on. The
heating seems to be only through the reheat coil. I could do the warmest
zone control, but I think this uses only return air, not heating coil for
the

If I use single zone reheat, cannot get the fan to be variable speed.

PVVVT might work (never tried it) but it does not use chilled water.

I could use a dual duct single fan and the min flows be zero fo both ducts?

Thanks
-Rohini