[Equest-users] Which system is best to use?

Rob Hudson rdh4176 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 12:04:45 PST 2012

When using the VAV or PVAV system types the heating coil can be sized by
using the leaving air temperature conditions, but never turns on.  The true
way to use a heating coil for a VAV is to call it a preheat coil, and
specify a leaving air temperature close to what you have in reality.
 Occasionally, the reality is higher than what eQuest allows (something
like 70 degree F) and then you need to "fake" it by making up the rest of
the heating load in the reheat coils.

Hope this helps!

Rob H.

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 2:31 PM, R B <slv3sat at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a system with VFD on the fan, central heating and cooling coils (no
> reheat), and chilled water for cooling. Curious to see how others would
> model this, or if I am missing something very obvious.
>
> If I use VAV, even though there is central coil, it does not come on. The
> heating seems to be only through the reheat coil. I could do the warmest
> zone control, but I think this uses only return air, not heating coil for
> the
>
> If I use single zone reheat, cannot get the fan to be variable speed.
>
> PVVVT might work (never tried it) but it does not use chilled water.
>
> I could use a dual duct single fan and the min flows be zero fo both ducts?
>

> Thanks
> -Rohini

Rob Hudson