[Equest-users] Greater OSA than supply air fan flow ???

Michael Wilson mwilson at enerficiency.ca
Thu Feb 2 10:42:29 PST 2012

Hi John. Not sure if I exactly understand your problem, but it would seem to
me the question is whether the exhaust fan impacts the loads on your split
systems. If it doesn't (i.e. the air is just pulled in to an unconditioned
area and exhausted), then I would just ignore it and model the exhaust fan
energy as a misc elec load. If its does (the fan draws the air through the
space served by the splits), then model as an exhaust fan with source as
infiltration. Either way the splits can be modelled as they really are.

Michael Wilson, P.Eng.

PO Box 1911 - 458 Abbs Rd.

Gibsons, BC  V0N 1V0

604-886-9864