[Equest-users] wall composition and U value

Sami, Vikram Vikram.Sami at perkinswill.com
Wed Feb 29 11:24:51 PST 2012

You need to separate out the windows - only model opaque elements as walls. Model the windows as windows.

Otherwise - it should be fine to model the wall as a homogenous average of the multiple layers - you should be able to do a weighted average calc.

Do you have insulation? Does it run continuous over everything?

Vikram Sami, LEED AP BD+C
Sustainable Design Analyst
1315 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta, GA 30309
t: 404-443-7462    f: 404.892.5823       e: vikram.sami at perkinswill.com   www.perkinswill.com
Perkins+Will.  Ideas + buildings that honor the broader goals of society