[Equest-users] HVAC Replacement Alteration

CleanTech Analytics jeremiah at cleantechanalytics.com
Thu Jul 5 13:06:16 PDT 2012

CA allows for either eQuest or Energy Pro- both are based on the DOE
simulation engine, eQuest uses DOE2, and Energy Pro uses DOE2.1e.. Each
have their strengths and weaknesses, and neither are some simple compliance
only check like you seem to be asking for. This is an eQuest forum, but
Energy Pro comes up now and then. Energy Pro does not really use geometry
and is in my opinion the simpler of the two.

To solve your compliance problem I think what you are in need of is either
an energy modeler to do the work for you, or you need to spend the month or
so necessary to become familiar with the tools so that you can use them
your self.

Lastly it is my opinion that there is not such a thing as simple in
performing HVAC compliance analysis- if there was many very bright people
would be out of a job--

*Jeremiah D. Crossett*
*CleanTech Analytics*
*503-688-8951*
*www.cleantechanalytics.com* <http://www.cleantechanalytics.com>

*

This document may contain valuable information proprietary to CleanTech
Analytics which is private and confidential. It may not be shared, copied,
stored or transmitted in any form without the prior written consent of
CleanTech Analytics
*