[Equest-users] Can't get unmet hours under control for cooling

Armstrong, Jamie JArmstrong at dbrinc.com
Thu Jun 7 13:22:50 PDT 2012

I need some help getting these cooling unmet hours under control.  I have to get this model complete and submitted by tonight.

We've tried multiple things to try to get the model to work out.

We've tried the following:

*         Letting eQuest autosize the heating and cooling for the PSZ units

*         Verified that the schedules are consistent with both cooling, heating, and occupancy.

*         On the baseline building we have the min cfm set to 0.5 for most spaces and 1 cfm/sf for some of the larger spaces.

*         We set the PSZ -fan - flow parameter - indoor fan mode to intermittent to get the unit to show partial capacity thru out the days.

One item is RTU-2 in my model.  It serves only one space.  We have a high amount of unmet hours on this and we are letting it auto size the capacity and airflow and it still says its not staying under control.  We're assuming that we are missing one small check box that's somehow causing these unmet hours.

I've attached the pd2 files for both baseline and proposed along with weather data and inp files.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jamie Armstrong P.E.
Mechanical Engineer

v. 210.546.0200 | www.dbrinc.com