[Equest-users] Increased Energy for Cooling with Increasing Insulation and Decreasing Infiltration

Cristian Salvador Jara Toro cristian.jara.toro at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 07:46:17 PDT 2012

I agree with both, Jeremiah and Christian. In my IES<VE> experience, I
hhave had the same results by increasing insulation in exterior walls and
roof, without any changes on internal gains. And my conclusion was, while
increasing insulation, heat from internal gains cant "escape through the
walls", so cooling equipment have to do his job whatever is happening
outiside with dry bulb temperature.

Hope this helps.
*

Cristian Jara Toro*