[Equest-users] 答复: what's the default equipment control?

Dahlstrom, Aaron ADahlstrom at in-posse.com
Thu Mar 22 06:28:32 PDT 2012

Joey –

I have had the same (counter-intuitive) experience. (ie load a, then load b+c, then load b+c+d …)

I didn’t end up solving it for my building. All my chillers were identical in capacity and part-load curve. I also had one chiller in the plant that never got turned on (ie my load never exceeded the capacity of my plant). Since those were the case, I assumed that the energy cost was the same as if there were a more intuitive control (load a, then load a+b, then load a+b+c). There appears to be an anamoly in your sample where “b” runs by itself for a while (why?) but as long as capacity, part load, etc are identical between chiller the outputs should be similar to the intuitive loading, I believe.

I did have to do a little explaining as to why the PS-C reports came out as they did.

Aaron

Aaron Dahlstrom , PE, LEED® AP
In Posse – A subsidiary of AKF| 1500 Walnut Street, Suite 1414, Philadelphia, PA 19102
d: 215-282-6753| m: 267-507-5470| In Posse: 215-282-6800| AKF: 215-735-7290