[Equest-users] LEED compliance questions

Matt Clough mclough at kme-inc.com
Thu May 3 07:22:23 PDT 2012

So I've completed an equest model that is mostly ready for submission, but I have a couple of questions on the 90.1 Appendix G rules and am hoping I can get some clarification:

1)       regarding unmet hours - the baseline model satisfies the unmet hours criteria, but one of the rotations violates the 50 hour rule.  Is this acceptable, or do I need to make some changes.
2)       Concerning lighting power density - for the proposed design, I modeled the designed lighting system (new construction) using 90.1-9.1.3 (Installed Interior Lighting Power) and modeled the baseline LPD using the space-by-space method.
3)       How do I enter the correct baseline fan power to comply with G3.1.2.9?  I have them calculated, but am unsure of how to enter the rating in DDE (system 3, PSZ)

Thanks for the help!
--Matt Clough