[Equest-users] OA-FROM-SYSTEM

Janne Kairento energymodelingftw at gmail.com
Mon May 14 10:49:54 PDT 2012

Hello All,

I'm currently trying to model a server room that that uses rack cooling as
the first stage of cooling. There is a RTU that provides additional cooling
and ventilation to the space. I modeled the server room to be conditioned
by fan coils and zeroed out the fan energy and increased the coil head to
account for the increased head across the racks. I moved the RTU to the top
of the Systems section in the .inp and assigned the fan coil to get
OA-FROM-SYSTEM. On the thermal zone level, I entered 50 cfm oa/person. My
question is if the RTU provides 30% OA as a percentage of design flow, will
my space get the OA and the additional airflow? Any help would be much
appreciated!

-Joseph