[Equest-users] Gas INFRA-RED Radiant

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Fri May 25 08:30:15 PDT 2012

Hi Arash,

There are a couple right answers.  Here's an approach I've used:

*         System type UHT

*         Zero out fan energy (0.00 kW/CFM), if there are no space circulation fans tied to your IR heater operation

*         eQuest doesn't simulate the skin-heating comfort effects of radiant heat.  If you run into unmet heating hours, you can justifiably lower associated thermotat setpoints to account for this.

*         DOE2 help files advise adjusting your HIR to 1.05 if products of combustion are not being vented out of the space (industrial applications).

~Nick

[cid:489575314 at 22072009-0ABB]

NICK CATON, P.E.
SENIOR ENGINEER