[Equest-users] EPACT Extension

Matthew Huffman MHuffman at murphymiller.com
Mon Nov 12 14:27:23 PST 2012

I'm aware of a proposed Senate bill called the Commercial Building
Modernization Act (S.3591) to extend and simplify the EPACT Section 179D
deduction.  It was introduced by Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-ME) and
co-sponsored by Senators Bingaman (D-NM), Feinstein (D-CA), and Cardin
(D-MD).  It has been referred  to committee, but there are many more
steps until it can reach the President's desk for signature.....

Since Senators Snowe and Bingaman have retired (effective at the end of
the current term) I don't know if this would need to be re-introduced or
if it's dead.

Here's a link to more info:
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/s3591

I like what I've read so far-such as extending EPACT to 2016 and more
provisions to simplify EPACT for existing buildings.

Best regards,

Matt Huffman, LEED AP

Manager, Energy Services

24 hour service hotline 312.427.8900-Direct 312.435.8218-Cell
312.520.5386

Email mhuffman at murphymiller.com <mailto:mhuffman at murphymiller.com>

Minimize your costs associated with the ownership of HVAC mechanical
systems