[Equest-users] Taking into account wind on building surface

Keith Swartz kswartz at ecw.org
Thu Nov 29 06:20:22 PST 2012

Patrick,

I don't know for certain, but I would be very surprised if the program adjusted the wind speed for the building shape. It seems to me like that would need a CFD-like calculation for the air flow around the building.

The program can take into account the surrounding terrain. In the Project & Site module under Site Data there is a tab for Terrain. See the Help screens for more details.

[cid:image003.png at 01CDCE0A.509B1CF0]

Keith Swartz, PE, LEED AP
Senior Energy Engineer | Energy Center of Wisconsin | Madison.Chicago.Minneapolis
608.210.7123 | www.ecw.org<http://www.ecw.org/>