[Equest-users] creating performance curves

Behnam Jowkar bjowkar at fluentgroup.com
Wed Oct 31 13:20:35 PDT 2012

Hi guys,

I'm trying to create chiller part load EIR curves based on manufacturer data. I have part load (25%, 50%, 75%, 100%) as the independent variables (X), and part load EIRs as the dependent variable (Z). The part load EIRs from manufacturer are much better than what I get when I use default EQUEST curve. But when I run the model and compare with same model with default curve, my chiller electrical energy consumption is increased significantly (with the manufacturer data). Has anyone been able to successfully create performance curves, or does anyone know of any documentation that might explain how to properly create these curves? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Behnam

--
Behnam Jowkar, MASc
Energy Services Associate

Fluent Group Consulting Engineers Inc.
295A Broadway Avenue, Second Floor
P.O. Box 188, Orangeville, Ontario, L9W 2Z6
t 888.358.3683 x704  f 866.620.7502  c 519.938.7657
www.fluentgroup.com