[Equest-users] 65000 character limit

Busman, Michael R MBusman at chevron.com
Fri Oct 5 08:02:43 PDT 2012

Dave,

I have never encountered this error before so I can only speculate that there is a limit on the input data.  Looking at the screen shot, it appears that each individual window is being defined.  By extension that would probably mean each individual space is also being defined.  Unless there is a compelling reason for such complexity, I generally try to limit complexity to what is necessary to reasonably represent the building construction, systems, and operations.  For example, if it is not really necessary to define every window, I would define the glazing as a % of the gross wall area by compass orientation if that level of simplification will still work for your modeling requirements.

Just my 2 cents worth.

My best,

Mike

Michael R. Busman, CEM
Lead Project Engineer II

Chevron Energy Solutions
A Division of Chevron U.S.A., Inc.
145 S. State College Blvd.
Brea, CA  92821
Direct  714-671-3561
Fax     714-671-3438
eFax   866-420-0335 (Include my Full Name followed by "CAI:MHTZ" on Cover Sheet)
Mobile 310-387-2083
mbusman at chevron.com<mailto:mbusman at chevron.com>