[Equest-users] Warehouse Baseline Fan Power

Karen Smith skaren758 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 12:17:18 PDT 2012

Hello All,

Here is another question. Im currently doing the modeling for a maintenance
facility. It’s a 2 story office building (19,000 SF) with and adjacent
warehouse (28,000 sf). We are using addendum “dn” of Ashrae 90.1 2007 for
the purpose of this project. We specified Heating and ventilation for the
warehouse for the proposed and on the baseline we used system 11. The
question would be, the proposed supply fans in the warehouse are VFD both
for supply and exhaust, but on the baseline according to addendum dn they
have to be constant and well as having an additional constant fan for
ventilation.

·         Would the warehouse exhaust fan need to be constant as well on
the baseline? Which equation should it follow since the addendum says
it’s *only
for the supply?*

·         When you set up the software for  PRM reporting on Trace 700, do
I have to put the same power of the proposed design for the fans? If that
is the case, what should I put for the additional fan required for
ventilation in the baseline? If I have to put the power of the proposed
design on the baseline fans what is the whole purpose of the fan sizing
feature?

[image: Inline image 2][image: Inline image 3]

Thanks,

Karen Smith

Sustainable Solutions, Inc

(404) 784.7061 <%28404%29%20784.7061>