[Equest-users] User Input Expressions

Tim Johnson timj at ctagroup.com
Tue Sep 11 14:16:43 PDT 2012

I have been working with EnergyPlus's EMS control module and am curious
if eQUEST has some of the same capability using User Input Expressions.
>From what I can tell, the user input expressions are only used to
perform calculations based on other user inputs.  Is that correct?

I am trying to model an exhaust fan in a crawlspace that keeps
crawlspace temperature close to the outdoor air temperature.  The
sequence is as follows:

- When OA Temp < 32, the EF controls the crawlspace to 32 F
- Above 32 F, the fan cycles on to maintain <10F delta T between the OA
Temp and Crawlspace Temp

This is a relatively easy expression to write in Excel with the hourly
reports, but it would be nice if this can be done in eQUEST.  Maybe I
have been spoiled by the E+ EMS controls.  Any suggestions?

Tim JohnsonCTA : PE, LEED AP BD+C  DIRECT: 208.577.5645 CTA, Inc. |
www.ctagroup.com1185 W. Grove St. – Boise, ID 83702P: 208.336.4900 – F:
208.343.3531