[Equest-users] How to set the COP of a chiller as constant in eQuest?

James Hess JHess at tmecorp.com
Tue Apr 16 22:35:43 PDT 2013

Perhaps this would come into play if you are modeling a plant with stipulated efficiencies per the USGBC DESv2.0 guidelines with the "Option 2" approach.

My post on 4/7/13 covers exactly how to create custom chiller curves for a chiller resulting in a constant EIR that matches the stipulated efficiency value of 4.4 COP + 5% losses (i.e. 0.839 kW/ton).

Thanks!

Regards,

JAH

James A. Hess, PE, CEM, BEMP