[Equest-users] How to set the COP of a chiller as constant in eQuest?

Erik Kolderup erik at kolderupconsulting.com
Wed Apr 17 15:43:26 PDT 2013

Nick,

One point of correction regarding curves to provide constant COP... I'm
pretty sure you do not want the EIR-FPLR curve to be constant 1.0. The
value of that curve is actually (normalized EIR)*(part load ratio). So if
you want constant EIR, then the curve should just equal PLR. That's a
straight line between (0,0) and (1,1). So the "a" coefficient should be
zero and the "b" coefficient should be 1.0. All other coefficients for that
curve should be zero.

-Erik

*Erik Kolderup, PE, LEED AP*
erik at kolderupconsulting.com | 415.531.5198 | www.kolderupconsulting.com