[Equest-users] Question about defining a system for middle floors generated from floor multiplier

Paul Brooks equestpaul at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 06:32:06 PST 2013

I am modeling a 5 story building that has water cooled DX VAV per floor.  I defined each system (first and top floor systems are different size from middle floors).  The HVAC system definition screens tell me that the one system defined for the typical middle floor is serving the total SF of the 3 middle floors.  When I pick "system per floor" and let eQuest auto-size the equipment, I get an annual energy spend very close to what I get if I triple the size of the defined system for the middle floor.  If I leave the size of the middle floor system as it is in reality, the annual spend is significantly less.

Am i missing an option that tells the program to apply a system to each typical middle floor, or am I doing the right thing by combining the capacity (and fan HP) of the three middle floors.

Thank you

Paul