[Equest-users] LEED EA comments about Model Area and the architecture GFA

RobertWichert robert at wichert.org
Thu Feb 28 06:47:12 PST 2013

Ouch.

I have had these comments before.  They want them to match.  The easiest
thing would be for the Architect to change their numbers, but they are
not going to like that.

Have you identified a particular area that doesn't match?  It may be
only 3%, and you could argue that, but the ANSI standard for building
area that we are asked to use for homes says within 1 sq. ft. and that's
way less than one percent.

I'd say it's worth submitting the question to USGBC.

Actually, 40,000 sq. ft. shouldn't be hard to find... Where is it?

Robert Wichert P.Eng. LEED AP BD&C
+1 916 966 9060
FAX +1 916 966 9068