[Equest-users] Indoor arena suggestions/tips

Nathan Kegel nathan.kegel at iesve.com
Thu Feb 28 16:12:45 PST 2013

I don't think this prevents you from taking credit for natural ventilation.  It doesn't say you must provide fans, pumps, diffusers, etc.  You CAN heat and cool with an open window after all - although cooling is the far more common application of natural ventilation.  :)

What you would need is a way to model space temperature and control the windows (plus any other devices to mechanically condition the space when conditions weren't favourable for natural ventilation) to maintain the comfort range.  There are tools that allow you to control windows and HVAC systems in this manner - based on space temperature, CO2 level, humidity, etc.  So assuming your space type and climate are good fits for this strategy - you can apply the appropriate software and control "sequences" to model a system in accordance with Appendix G - and account for wind speed, wind direction, temperatures, moisture, etc. in a fully dynamic fashion.

While I've never attempted to use eQuest for this, I have taken this approach successfully with tools that are intended to model these types of systems.

Nathan Kegel
Project Manager
Business Development Manager
Minneapolis

T:

763 276 9981

M:

415 420 9314

http://www.iesve.com<http://www.iesve.com/>

**Design, Simulate + Innovate with the <Virtual Environment>**

Integrated Environmental Solutions Limited. Registered in Scotland No. SC151456
Registered Office - Helix Building, West Of Scotland Science Park, Glasgow G20 0SP

Email Disclaimer<http://www.iesve.com/disclaimer.html>