[Equest-users] Hot Water Loop SUBTYPE Error

Craig Foster cfoster at fosterenergymanagement.com
Wed Jan 23 10:18:05 PST 2013

I am receiving the Error "HW Loop cannot be specified as Primary-Loop due to SUBTYPE."  I have tried setting the primary and secondary back to default and that did not clear the error.  Next I tried deleting the loop and that did not work.  So I converted all of the air handlers to Furnace and deleted the baseboard heat.  I was then able to delete the Hot Water Boiler but not the Loop.  In fact, when I try to delete the loop there are key assignments that eQUEST says it will re-assign.  Then it goes into infinite processing and I have to force quit the program.  There are three Key Assignments still attached to the loop, but when I look through heat, reheat, preheat and baseboards I cannot find the loads to delete them.

i am going to try making a new loop and have the loads get re-assigned there as my next step, but would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
Craig

Craig Foster P.E.
fosterenergymanagement.com