[Equest-users] Error running LEED Baseline Simulation

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Tue Jan 22 07:49:02 PST 2013

I think this is the first time this error has been brought up on the onebuilding lists - you may well be forging new territory!

If it were me, I'd start by following the provided clue... perhaps review & re-assign all assignments to/from your circ loops to comb out any missing or incorrect inputs.  Check out airside coils, chillers, pumps, secondary loops, and anything else attached.  Might be make this easier to re-name your loop to ensure that name change follows through everywhere you'd expect.

For what it's worth, I still personally avoid the LEED compliance features entirely.  Resolving difficult-to-trace errors and working around the documented limitations seems to burn more time than is saved by the degree of automation intended.  Building a baseline "manually" from the proposed model still seems the most efficient workflow to me and is what I'd advise if you are under a tight deadline.

I hope someone with more intimate knowledge can offer some better insight to this particular error!

Best regards,

~Nick

[cid:489575314 at 22072009-0ABB]

NICK CATON, P.E.