[Equest-users] Beginner Question on Fan schedule

RobertWichert robert at wichert.org
Sun Jan 27 08:20:47 PST 2013

Thanks for the link to the manuals and such, Chris.

I am also investigating "intermittent" as it affects EnergyPro, which
claims to use "DOE-2.1E* v119".

The issue involves using "INTERMITTENT" and how that affects heating
energy.  Heating energy drops dramatically when "INTERMITTENT" is
invoked.  It drops so far that it does not seem realistic, although no
errors or flags result that I can find.

I have found some references to "INTERMITTENT" causing negative CFM:
http://doe2.com/download/DOE-22/Bugfixes-047h.pdf

Question - Do you (or anybody on the list) have any ideas why invoking
"INTERMITTENT" in a program that uses DOE-2.1E*V119 would show such
effects on heating energy (very, very, very low)?????

Thanks for thinking about this!

Robert Wichert P.Eng. LEED AP BD&C
+1 916 966 9060
FAX +1 916 966 9068