[Equest-users] Merging 3 zones for 1 constant volume AHU

Cliff Andrew Cliff.Andrew at hhangus.com
Thu Mar 14 07:03:00 PDT 2013

Thanks John,

Thank you for the response. This space is a lobby in a school facility with large windows stretching from the second floor to the ceiling of the third floor. The main occupied space is the second floor and the area on the third floor is mostly open to below, as it just has a staircase up to a walkway over the space. The AHU serving this space is one of 5 AHU's in the building. These spaces are only 3 of around 100 spaces, however they are among the largest spaces.

I would not be able to rebuild them as the rest of the building is complete and has many other spaces. I guess I am looking for the best way to model what should have been one large multi story space(the spaces don't line up perfectly so I can't just extend the walls) with one constant volume system.

I could place a constant volume system with the control zone on the main floor, however due to the windows I am afraid I might run into problems? Is there a way to connect the spaces by say removing the floor or something, allowing the air, heat, etc to flow freely between the two?

Thank you,

Cliff Andrew, B.Sc.(Eng.), EIT