[Equest-users] Modeling False AC Load

Paul Diglio paul.diglio at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 15 07:38:06 PDT 2013

Folks:

I am modeling a chilled beam demonstration area.  In one room the owner will be
installing a split AC system with electric heat in order to provide a false load
for the chilled beams.

The primary air to the 3 chilled beams is provided via VAV terminals from an
ERU.  The ERU is equipped with chilled and hot water coils.

I can simulate a false cooling load by adding equipment under the Internal Loads
tab.  I don't know how to make the room colder during the summer months in order
to require more heat from the chilled beams.

Any ideas on how to simulate a false heating load into this space?

Thank you,

 Paul Diglio, CEM, CBCP

87 Fairmont Avenue
New Haven, CT  06513