[Equest-users] Modeling Zones with Unit heaters as per ASHRAE 90.1. Appendix G

Simge Andolsun simgeandolsun at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 15:05:08 PST 2013

ASHRAE 90.1. Appendix G says that, even if a zone is heating only in the
actual building, a cooling system identical to that in the baseline system
should be modeled in the as-built model with intermittent fan operation to
meet the loads. I have seen projects with zones that have only unit heaters
with no cooling air supply. eQuest does not allow for modeling of any
cooling system in a zone with a unit heater. What would be your approach to
solving this problem?

I would appreciate it very much if you could help me with this question.

Thank you very much in advance for your suggestions,

Best Regards,
Simge Andolsun, PhD.