[Equest-users] seeing heating in a cooling climate - why?

Busman, Michael R MBusman at chevron.com
Thu Oct 24 10:50:33 PDT 2013

Christian,

What is the location?
Is this an existing building?
Do you see heating consumption during the summer months?
Is the return air system for the top floor a plenum vs. ducted return?
Are your HVAC systems capable of simultaneous heating & cooling - reheat, multizone, VAV with high min CFM settings on the VAV boxes?

Those are just a few initial questions to think about.  It is always helpful to attach your .pd2 and .inp files so that other folks on the users list can review the files versus guessing at what's happening.

My best,

Mike Busman

Michael R. Busman, CEM
Lead Project Engineer II

Chevron Energy Solutions
A Division of Chevron U.S.A., Inc.
145 S. State College Blvd.
Brea, CA  92821
Direct  714-671-3561
Fax     714-671-3438
eFax   866-420-0335 (Include my Full Name followed by "CAI:MHTZ" on Cover Sheet)
Mobile 310-387-2083
mbusman at chevron.com<mailto:mbusman at chevron.com>