[Equest-users] Question: Modeling Specific Chillers

Sunil Nair energymodel.sunil at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 21:54:42 PDT 2013

I think I am hitting a roadblock here, trying to get the necessary data to
model the chillers. I have gone through the EDR document on simulating HVAC
systems and other posts on modeling chillers here on the mailing list. I
think I can get the part load data from the manufacturer.

Trying to get the full load data has been difficult though. The chiller
manufacturer tells me that if I want the full load capacity at reduced
condenser entering and/or higher evaporator leaving temperatures, he can
only provide up to about 5% higher capacity than design capacity. Beyond
this he will need to change the expansion device in his selection software
to get the total capacity. I don't believe changing the expansion device is
the right way to go.

I have attached a sample data sheet with various data points that I thought
I should get from the manufacturers. The data points I have in the sheet
are what will be practically seen in operation here. However they are all
lower than the design temperatures of the chiller. I'm not sure if I am
going in the right direction with this one.

Any inputs are appreciated.

Thanks,

Sunil Nair

*Ab Initio*