[Equest-users] Unexpected energy consumption related to occupancy increase

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Tue Sep 17 15:24:48 PDT 2013

I took a quick look at your files, and noticed that the occupancy was input in different
ways between the two models (AREA/PERSON in one and NUMBER-OF-PEOPLE in the other). Also,
two spaces have PEOPLE-SCHEDULE defined in one case, and not in the other.   I assume that
NUMBER-OF-PEOPLE override AREA/PERSON, but am not sure.  I suggest that you look at the
LOADS reports in the *.SIM files and see what are the actual occupancy and occupancy
schedule that are being modeled. Please note that occupancy affects other operations as
well, such as the amount of outside air, etc.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 108D