[Equest-users] ERV equivalent in baseline model?

Tianyao Zhang tinazhang0330 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 14:14:05 PST 2014

Hi all,

I'm modeling a LEED for Homes building, the proposed design uses Variable
Refrigerant Flow systems with a rooftop Energy Recovery Unit providing 100%
OA, everything is electric except the ERV unit, which uses natural gas. My
baseline model system type is PTHP. My question is, since the proposed case
has natural gas as one of its heating source, does the baseline case
systems have to be revised to include natural gas as well? The problem is
there isn't an ERV equivalent in the baseline model, so I'm not sure where
to add the natural gas units, if necessary.

I appreciate any feedback on this matter, thank you!

--
Tianyao Zhang

M.S. Graduate in Architecture - High Performance Buildings
College of Architecture
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA
404-834-0120