[Equest-users] Composition of weather file data

David Eldridge DEldridge at grummanbutkus.com
Sat Feb 8 07:17:06 PST 2014

These are two separate issues:

1) what is the format of the columns for use by the program - EPW file type defines this as a text file that EnergyPlus can import, eQUEST uses a binary file, NREL TMY2 uses text, etc. Certain headers or data fields might or might not be included in different file types.

2) how the data was chosen to be included - this selection depends on the algorithm such as using typical meteorological year, actual data from one continuous period, etc.

Hopefully the file name might include a description of #2 - what's included, while the file extension *.epw, *.bin, *.TMY will tell you what format it is.

You might need the context of where the file came from to verify #2 if the file name itself isn't descriptive.

DSE Mobile