[Equest-users] Belimo Valve PlugIn

Bishop, Bill bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Tue Feb 11 06:24:44 PST 2014

Thanks, Rohini and Javed.
I installed the plugin but I also had the same problem as Rohini with no documentation. I tried the "Belimo-Pressure-Depen-5-10 psi" curve in a random model and the pump energy increased 103%. And that's just when I use it for variable speed pumps. The literature doesn't warn you not to apply to single-speed pumps for additional savings, but there's nothing stopping you from doing that in eQUEST.
A PIV Plug-in Brochure/Flyer<https://www.belimo.us/ishop/cms/sh/news_events/plugin.html> mentions that "full documentation of the development of the Belimo pressure dependent pump performance curves is included along with the plug-in to make your models easily defensible to the most demanding audience". But I don't have the documentation (or I can't find it). If anybody has a copy of this documentation, please share as I would consider using it for pump energy savings in my models when I'm confident the savings are realistic.

Thanks,
Bill

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, BEAP, LEED AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects LLP
Senior Energy Engineer

[webCertified_logo_colorRGB72DPI.jpg]

134 South Fitzhugh Street                 Rochester, NY 14608

T: (585) 698-1956                        F: (585) 325-6005

bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com<mailto:wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com>             www.pathfinder-ea.com<http://www.pathfinder-ea.com/>

[earth for signature]Sustainability - the forest AND the trees.