[Equest-users] Hourly results series - 'Moisture added or removed from air for (de)humidification (lb H2O/ lb dry air)'

Greenberg, Ari agreenberg at CANNONDESIGN.COM
Fri Jul 18 07:31:18 PDT 2014

Kalpesh,

I noticed a similar problem when I was doing a dehumidification study recently.  I am convinced the hourly report simply has the units wrong, and it should simply be lbs H20 (not per lb dry air).  I don't know much about your building or climate conditions, but 144 lbs (~18 gal) could be a reasonable lbs/hr dehumidification load for a sufficiently large building with high latent loads and/or a humid climate.  Not certain, but it's a possibility.

A way to verify this would be to use a combination of other hourly reports to arrive at the humidification load (you have cfm and humidity ratios for the various air streams).

Cheers,
Ari

Ari Greenberg, LEED AP BD+C

[cid:image001.png at 01CFA272.DC1B1E90]
100 Cambridge St., Suite 1400
Boston, Massachusetts 02114
T 617.517.6224 * M 857.231.1076
cannondesign.com

[cid:image002.gif at 01CFA272.DC1B1E90]

From: Equest-users [mailto:equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of Kalpesh Karnik
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2014 2:18 AM
To: equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: [Equest-users] Hourly results series - 'Moisture added or removed from air for (de)humidification (lb H2O/ lb dry air)'

Dear fellow eQuest users,

I am currently solving a system which uses humidistat (coil for dehumidification and steam loop for humidification).
I have got absurd results in 'hourly reports'. I have chosen a series called 'Moisture added or removed from air for (de)humidification (lb H2O/ lb dry air)' under 'HVAC system' .
In the results I have got most hours with very large values, as high as  144 lb H2O/lb dry air. The system uses DOE weather data and is recirculation type with minimum outside air. Is this a bug or am I reading something incorrectly?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kalpesh