[Equest-users] Question regarding "U-EFFECTIVE" value

Chris Baker CBaker at cci-alliance.com
Sun Jul 20 13:29:38 PDT 2014

I am having some trouble running my compliance anlaysis.  The cause is apparently a floor system modeled with an underground wall.

When I went back and looked at the properties of the affected floors, "U-EFFECTIVE" value has been left blank.

My question is, wouldn't you be able to figure "U-Effective" by multiplying the two compliance inputs together.

In this instance ...  42.25 (ft) X 0.52 (Btu/h-ft-F) = 21.97 (Btu/h-ft2-F)

Thus U-effective should show "21.97" instead of being blank.  Is this a correct assumption?

I'm not sure if this is the cause for the compliance analysis error but if I try to manually change "U-Effective" to zero, it sais
Range Checking Violation for Underground Wall 'EL5 Flr (G.SSW1.U1)' U-EFFECTIVE: Error: Input must be > 0.0001

Thus being blank would be causing the compliance errors, would it not?
(Because there is no value for the DOE2 engine to factor into the calculations when you run the analysis.)

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CFA416.461F35C0]

Chris Baker
CCI CAD Drafter

CCI-Alliance Confidentiality notice: This message is intended only for the person to whom addressed in the text above and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not that person, any use of this message is prohibited. We request that you notify us by reply to this message, and then delete all copies of this message including any contained in your reply. Thank you.