[Equest-users] Problems in eQuest HVAC Zoning

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 06:31:29 PST 2015

Hi Siliang:
1) You cannot do anyone more that one floor plan in Schematic Wizard. If you change to Design Development (DD) Wizard, you will be able to do multiple floor plans that are different.
2) LOADS (before air side) are the external and internal loads calculated on the base temp of 70 DegF. That is fixed.
When you move further down the program (Air Side), your space temperatures will be controlled by the 75 Cool, 70 Heat thermostat setting. THOSE you may change.
3) Zone group definitions assign the different space to different HVAC zones. You may have spaces on multiple floors assigned to a single HVAC system for example.
4) In the definitions of the spaces, you will note the "s" designation. In the HVAC portion, you will note the "Z" (for zone) designation. Every space (containing windows, walls people, lights, etc) MUST be assigned to an HVAC ZONE.