[Equest-users] Title 24 2013 Baseline Chiller (Path A or B)

Philip Kennedy philip at kiltechcontrols.com
Wed Feb 4 12:27:20 PST 2015

Matthew it is highly recommended you obtain data for the actual proposed
chiller in order to receive the right answer. There is huge variability in
the unloading characteristics of different chiller technologies.

For example the chart below depicts two VFD chillers of equal capacity. The
solid line chiller is a single compressor VFD machine and the dotted line is
a three compressor magnetic bearing unit.

One curve DOES NOT fit all.

I suggest you reach out to the equipment vendors and have each of them
provide the necessary data runs. A help spreadsheet to aid the collection of
data can be found:

http://www.taylor-engineering.com/downloads/cooltools/TE%20Chiller%20Bid%20F
orm%20v1.62.xlsm

Regards Philip