[Equest-users] Duct Insulation

David Eldridge DEldridge at grummanbutkus.com
Mon Feb 23 10:03:00 PST 2015

1.       Can you define a "Duct Zone" for the heat to be lost into?

2.       These errors are shown in the *.sim file.

a.       There is also an error about one specific system's temperatures.

b.      The temperature issue might be the opposite depending on heating or cooling - if the duct's cooling supply air is too warm, the temperature difference wouldn't be enough to cause 2F temperature rise. The 2F temperature rise might resolve if the supply air was colder? Or reverse if this was for heating, in which case the higher supply air temperature should help.

David

David S. Eldridge, Jr., P.E., LEED AP BD+C, BEMP, BEAP, HBDP
Grumman/Butkus Associates