[Equest-users] Fan usage - PTHP vs PSZ

David Reddy david at 360-analytics.com
Mon Mar 16 08:07:06 PDT 2015

Hi Harshul,
If you specify some small of outside air at the zone, say
ZONE=OUTSIDE-AIR-FLOW = 0.001 cfm, the system (TYPE = PTAC, right?) fans
should run 24/7 if your SYSTEM:FAN-SCHEDULE is set to 1 for all hours.
As for the modeling the system as TYPE= PSZ, it sounds like you made
sure that SYSTEM:INDOOR-FAN-MODE = Continuous, which is correct if you
want the fan to run continuous regardless of heating/cooling demand.
- David